Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The time is drawing nigh

I've had my hands full with other obligations, so not only am I behind on an update, progress on the compilation has also been slow-going. However, the pace has picked up in recent days, and the end is in sight.

I completed the preface this afternoon, and am currently finished with revisions of Psalms up through the middle sections of the 119th psalm. At this rate, the compilation should be complete and ready for electronic publication by the end of the weekend. At that point, I’ll  plan to officially launch the Kickstarter (a topic I’ll provide more details about in a post in the next couple of days), and subsequently begin the process of publishing the physical book!

For now, as a curiosity for you to consider, I’ve attached a concoction of mine based on a familiar William Walker tune, composed in homage to that great compiler who was active just up the road from myself. I incorporate the tune in two ways, one of which is more immediately apparent than the other. We’ll try it at the weekly Citadel singing this evening and see how it turns out. Feel free to do the same. 

1 comment:

The Psalmist's Harp Inaugural Singing -- Monday, 16 December 2019

Note: I had intended to post this update much nearer in time to the first singing, but life interposed; I present the below to you with apol...